iMovie for PC or Best Alternatives for Windows 10/8/7 or Mac
Hello again everybody. Today we are discussing about an application which is a sheer delight for Apple iOS users – iMovie. It’s one of the feature apps of iOS and allows a smooth movie making experience. Not unknown to any Apple customer, iMovie for PC allows a perfect platform to play with videos in a number of ways. A wide set of tools combined with a smooth interface and interaction options to the social community, iMovie is a complete compilation for video developers or editors. Ask any of the iOS patriots and this application would definitely be a favourite. Lets find out what makes it such a popular choice for many.
What is iMovie for PC?
iMovie PC does whatever is required of it ranging from a casual basic user perspective to a avidly tech-centric requirement. It is one of the best in its business; video playing, editing, movie making, adding transitions, backgrounds and now even with gesture control, iMovie PC does almost everything. It provides you the liberty to change your clipping according to your style and requirements, easily, in almost every possible way. With this in your arsenal, you can merge multiple videos, split a video, crop the size, change the number of frames, enhance the picture effects for the entire video and much more. It is an Apple product and has been working like a charm on iOS devices like Mac, iPhones and iPads. IT supports the editing for staggering resolutions up to 4K. With the latest 3D touch in the business, it adds to the stunning movie making experience. Most of my Windows compatriots, regarding our familiarity with the features of Windows Movie Maker, we here are talking about its big brother! Trust me, if you are one who plunges into the editing realm, iMovie for Windows PC is one application you shouldn’t skip.
To download our emulated, 100% working version of iMovie for windows pc, simply click on the download button below:
Features of iMovie
Let us discuss about the features that iMovie has to offer:
- Browse easily through the video on a smooth interface with amazing tools at your disposal.
- Exquisite interface, 8 soothing themes, 10 video filters and editing capabilities up to 4K resolution – What more can you ask for!
- Editing at its best – Tweak around with your video with almost every tool available – merge, split, crop.
- Video enhancing features – Brightness, Contrast, Colour balance, temperature, filters like denoising, auto correction and many more to play with.
- Create Trailers – Plenty of templates to create Hollywood quality trailers in almost every genre like action, romantic comedy, family, indie and more.
- 1080p HD viewer with a stunning yet simple interface, hence ‘Rated S for Simple’.
- Ability to add animated texts to the clip and add custom audio by using other file or a microphone recording. Video editing here is fun!
- Sharing your movie – Share your work using popular social giants like Facebook, Vimeo and Youtube in addition to the existing features of iCloud and iMovieTheater.
With such a wide function set and options made available, iMovie on windows PC is truly fantastic. Not only does it allow you to watch, edit and showcase your editing skills, you can also share them almost instantly on the web social platforms for your loved ones to admire. The split view option allows frame by frame editing to be a cakewalk. Obviously the videos can be burned to an external storage media and the application also boasts of saving the edited video in any format/extension there is. And to add to the magnanimity, the application is absolutely free. Also the users can enjoy an advanced function called Green Screen effect where you can replace the background of a video by one of your choice if the original video background is single coloured. Howz that for innovation!
How to get iMovie on PC
With so many amazing options juxtaposed with stellar functionality, there’s absolutely no reason this app shouldn’t occupy some space on your digital devices. You can easily explore the above mentioned features by trying iMovie for iOS here. One such possibility of getting within its reach is to install iMovie on PC with Windows considering a large amount of Windows users like me. In brimming terms, it’s definitely possible through parallel OS installations and using system virtualization softwares like VMware. However, that can be a task in itself for many and cumbersome for a few considering that these platforms present further set of prerequisites to be catered to. Hence the best solution for a basic PC user is to look for an alternative. We here list a set of amazing alternatives for iMovie for PC:
- Lightworks – Lightworksis one of the tough competitotrs around in the world of movie editing. It uses Non linear Editing (NLE) technology and boasts of supporting editing of resolutions up to 4K. With almost all the features similar to iMovie, Lightworks is available as a Free and Pro version. Lightworks Pro serves justice to the cost by unlocking all functions and export formats. Download it here.
- Sony Vegas – With the software available in Movie Studio and Pro versions, this is one of the most advanced and highly equipped video editors available of all time. Although the application is paid (at a high end for Pro version), the set of functions it provides may prove it worthy. With powerful artistic effects, stereoscopic 3D editing, 4K resolution support and DVD designing, this app is bound to catch an eye of a video editing junkie.
- Adobe Premier Pro – A produce of Adobe’s popular suite elements, Adobe Premier Pro is an amazing video editor with a timeline based editing interface. It offers supreme features like video masking and transitions. With the stunning capabilities of multiple track editing and linear timecode display, its popularity knows no bounds- be it amongst a regular editing hobbyist or an experienced developer. It is available in different pricings and plans which can be selected based on one’s requirements. It is one of my favourites – try it here.
- Cyberlink Power Director – Cyberlink offers probably the most intriguing media products and the most compelling of those is Power Director. If you want everything there is to do with video editing, Cyberlink Power Director obliges. It presents a massive editing toolkit with latest platform support for Windows and boasts of ‘extreme video editing’. 4K support, importing and exporting high frame rate videos and FLAC audio editing support are huge yet only a few markers of this video editing giant. Easily one of the appealing choices for anyone, try it here.
With the possibility of Apple venturing to provide iMovie for other platforms, the above mentioned alternatives can more than suitably do justice with the features it has to provide. Awaiting a buzz around for iMovie for pc to increase its reach, I hope the ardent video editors might assent to the above mentioned. Cheers!